Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Triathlon at Lake Mead



A couple of weeks ago Tyson and I raced in a triathlon in Las Vegas. It was at Lake Mead just 30 min. outside of Las Vegas. We had a such a great time, it was the first triathlon either one of us had ever done and I loved it!!! The swimming portion was in Lake Mead and it was a 1/2 mile swim, a 13 mile bike ride and a 3.1 mile run. These are the only two pictures that I have, my friend took a bunch on her camera as we were doing the race but, I don't have them. And believe me, you will want to see them because we are soooo cute in our wetsuits, goggles and blue caps (we will try to post them later). It was quite an experience. There were three races that day, a sprint (which is the one we did) and olympic and a half iron man. They didn't split you up into heats so all the racers for each race started at the same time. The fun thing was, was that Tyson and I raced together. (now before you all get excited.... he beat me.... come on did you really think I could beat him....well thanx!) We actually ended up swimming right next to each other in the swim, which was really fun, but once the boys were on the bikes they smoked me. I finished the race in 1 hour and 53 minutes. I was totally happy with that time and so thrilled that it is over, so I no longer have to deal the nerves inside my tummy. YEA US!










While we were out of town our older three kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Cook. Grandma and Grandpa made sure they had a great time! Grandpa and Uncle Scott took the boys on their fathers and sons outing. The boys had so much fun, Grandpa took them out to the desert and was teaching them how to "tease the rattle snakes" fun activity huh? They all got cactus in their hands, it doesn't sound like a fun game to me. But, my boys loved it! Kelsey had her very own one on one time with Grandma. She got to take a bubble bath in Grandma's great big tub while she watched Princess Diaries 2 on tv. She loves being the center of attention and Grandma Cook is great to make sure Kelsey gets all the attention she needs. They had such a great time at Grandma's that I don't think they missed us even for a minute. Thank you for taking our kids and thanks to Colette for watching Macey and Gage!

11 comments:

Colette Goodman said...

You look so skinny in those pictures. It's hard to believe you have had 5 kids. I want to do that race with you next time. I can't wait for NY.

Jill Freestone said...

Way to go!! I'm so glad you did it together. Kenny and I did one together once and I loved it. Ours was in the winter though, snowshoeing, hiking and tubing and running at soldier hollow. Wow wow!

Marie said...

I am so very impressed - what an accomplishment. I don't ever plan on doing a triathalon - ever - never!! I think you both might be a bit crazy, but congrats nonetheless!!!

Alisa Larson said...

Angie - I am soooo impressed! That is AWESOME!! And I can just imagine how much fun your kids had - especially Kelsey.....she was living my dream day! :-)

Kari said...

Wow, I am so proud of you Ang! Way to go! (And Tyson did good too, I guess! ha ha) And I love all the bubble pics of your kids! What fun!

Byron said...

So amazing!! Way to go, it sounds like a blast. Funnny thing, byron and I were looking into triathlons about a month ago, wondering if it is something we could do (mostly something we could do with a new baby and 3 other kids...) You guys are my HEROS!!

[dene'] said...

congratulations! what an exciting accomplishment. i love that you did it together with tyson. you look great and i was surprised by your tattoo...then i realized it was your race number! [smile] GREAT JOB!

Shannon said...

Good for you Angie! That is amazing...all you runners and triathletes amaze me! Keep it up...that is a super accomplishment.

The Jones Fam said...

You go girl! It makes me tired just thinking about it! I'll take the bubble bath instead! Love that picture! Do you think I used enough exclamation points?!

Natalie!

Amy said...

Wow! I'm impressed, Ang. You look so fit and skinny. Way to go!

Mindy said...

Great job Angie. That is such a great accomplishment. No wonder you're such a skinny minny lately.

-Mindy

playlist