Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Love NYC






In September Tyson and I went to New York City with my parents and my sister Colette and her husband Cooper. We had a wonderful time, New York is always a new adventure each time we go. We had some craziness with the apartment that we rented, needless to say do not rent apartments in NYC, stay in a hotel!!!!! (I believe that we found the entrance to H-E double hockey sticks).
But, besides that adventure, the rest of our trip was great!!! My parents and Ty and I took the big red bus tour on the first day. We were able to see Harlem which is above Central Park. We saw the Washington arch, the old Metlife Building, the Flatiron building, the Chrysler Building (which are my two faves!). We literally took the bus from one tip of the island to the other. We got off in the financial district and took the subway to Chinatown where we did a little shopping (sigh). We hit our favorite bakery in Little Italy and ended the day with our favorite restaurant (AHH New York!)
On Friday we walked the Brooklyn Bridge, I highly recommend this if you have not done it. It was really fun. It was raining the day we decided to walk and we got to use umbrellas which is something we never get to use here. We ate at a really famous pizza place called Grimaldi's (yum). Then took the subway back into the city. We found the suit store that my dad had bought his suits from a few years ago (kind of cool). Tyson bought two new suits, two shirts and three ties for $160, what a bargain. That night we saw Marry Poppins on Broadway. I think I like this play as much as Wicked (which is my all time fave). The set was amazing, and the special effects were so cool. To let you know how good this play was, Tyson AND my Dad both stayed awake through it!!! (now that is saying something)
On Saturday my sister Colette and her husband Cooper ran an eight mile race. It started in Central Park and ran along the Hudson river to the finish line in Battery park. This race was so cool, every few miles they had obstacles that they had to go through, 52 flights of stairs, 5 ft marine hurdles, sliding across two taxis nose to nose etc. Anyway it was a lot of fun to watch. Tyson, my mom and I were hoping to do this race but it filled up way to fast and we weren't able to register, (maybe next year!)
We flew home that night to our loving children who missed us so much. I heart NYC~

4 comments:

Colette Goodman said...

This was such a fun trip. I'm glad you finally posted about it. Lets go back!

Alisa Larson said...

How fun, and I'm so proud of Colette! That sounds like a seriously fun race! I would love to visit NY. Some day soon I hope.....

Anonymous said...

SO fun! last time i was in NYC i was pushing a stroller. don't recommend that. what a fun trip. your sweet niece is in our prayers.

Byron said...

Dang jealous. Glad it was fun. Way to go Uncle Chris for staying awake during anything past 7 pm! Love your dad!

playlist