Thursday, May 21, 2009

Three months already?

Well I did it again, it has been another 3 months since I have blogged. Sigh! It happens when life is busy and your house is full of busy kids. Here is a catch up AGAIN!
In March we continued our Cook Family fun nights, but during spring break we had Cook Family Fun Day! Just FYI Kelsey is the furthest to the left on the lower picture, on her right is her best friend Hailey. Yes many people think they are twins. (is this bringing any memories back Jaime Bjorklund?) We called it space day, I took the kids and Hailey and Tyson Moore, Bridon and Danner Bowen, to the space museum in Phoenix. It wasn't as exciting as I anticipated but thanks to our tour guide who gave us a lesson on electricity and magnets it turned out to be worth the hour drive. We then came home and made space ships out of big boxes in the back yard and they got to watch a movie outside while they ate their "rockets in a blanket". It turned out to be a pretty fun day!

Macey shares her birthday with her Grandpa Freestone which makes her pretty special! We celebrated their birthdays together in Grandpa's backyard in the nice cool breeze that we have in April! Macey turned a whole handful, she is 5!


We had a lovely Easter weekend, we played at the park with the Cook side of the family. Gage was thrilled with all the candy filled eggs that he found, he was less than thrilled that a strange little baby girl kept walking by and taking his eggs. He would just stare at her, he never said anything to her, but later he told me "baby take my easter bunny eggs, I share" then he heaved a big sigh. Easter morning was less pleasant, there was lots of crabby words shared, time outs given, doors slammed, feet stomping up the stairs and double duties dished out. Had all of this happened before the kids found their Easter baskets, I know for a fact the Easter Bunny would have made a special trip back to pick up all the baskets and take them to some other happy children, I have learned first hand it's not a bright idea to give children sugar that early in the morning. (check out Connor's face!)


On May 2 Porter and Macey had their music recital. They are in a three year progam called Let's Play Music, which I love. At the end of three years they are able to write their own performance peice. Porter did a great job, this was his year for writing his own song and it was great.

8 comments:

brownymama said...

Koby and I just watched Porter's performance. Koby gave him a standing ovation. (: Nice work Porter! And thanks for letting us borrow Kelsey for a few days. She was an angel.

The Eric and Jaime Evans Gang said...

HOLY COW!!!! YES, it brings back many memories!! I love you Angie!! What a beautiful family you have! I swear that your little Macy is your clone!! love you lots....

The Jones Fam said...

I can't wait to see those cute kids! And you Angie! Oh and Tyson. -Nat

Scott+Tiffany said...

yes, seriously time for an update :-) Looks like you guys have had a great three months. What a fun tradition to have Cook Family Fun Day. You're such a cute mom. and great job to Porter on his song!

Amy said...

I've been waiting for an update! :) A lot of fun things you've done in the past few months. I had to laugh at the Easter morning grumpiness! We've started doing all that candy stuff, etc. the day before (Saturday).

Jill Freestone said...

I love let's play music - you are lucky to have it - its really similar to what I teach my kids - wonderful opportunity

Christi said...

You're such a fun mom! I vaguely remember having the energy to do themed activities...

marcee said...

Yay! I think you are the only person I know that is worse than me at blogging on a regular basis! I can't BELIEVE how much Kelsey and her friend look alike! Crazy! Thanks for the update!

playlist