Friday, February 1, 2008

Deceptively Delicious




I LOVE this cookbook!! It is the best idea I have ever heard of!! You puree all kinds of vegetables and hide them inside your recipes so that your kids will eat them. My kids have always been pretty good about eating vegetables. But, now I can get them to eat BEETS, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, ASPARAGUS, SWEET POTATOES and of course all the normal stuff too like carrots, green beans, yellow squash, zucchini. But here is the real kicker, I put the vegetables in their breakfast, snack, dinner and sometimes dessert!!!! This picture is of my kids eating cupcakes with beets in them. They thought I was the greatest mom for making cupcakes for their snack one day after school. It was a great day, even later Connor said with a moan, "Mom those cupcakes were sooo good!" Everyone should try this! Macey and Gage were coming down with a cold when I started doing this and with in three days their cold was gone. It is soo much fun.

7 comments:

BaILEy said...

Angie, I am so excited to see that you have a blog, it's been so long since we've talked and had the boys play. E-mail me and I'll invite you to our family blog bmhall@cox.net

Shannon said...

That cook book looks really cool...Im going to have to look for that one...what a good idea!

Byron said...

Looks like a fabulous idea, but cooking anything at all for me right now is pretty high maintenance! Remind me about it in a few years :)

dustin and amy said...

I loved seeing that you joined the bloging world. I feel like I don't ever get to see anyone over in Coronado anymore. Maybe this will help! Your family is so cute!

Teriney said...

So good to hear from you! My sister in-law has that cookbook and loves it too!

Alisa Larson said...

Okay, another recipe to try is the lemon rasberry cupcakes. Yummy and the frosting is pretty darn good for low-fat! I added some lemon juice to the frosting b/c I thought it needed a little zing!

The Jones Fam said...

I'm a believer! I love this cookbook. I checked out Sneaky Chef (similar idea) from the library and I think I will have to buy that one too! It has great recipes too!
Nat

playlist