Sunday, April 13, 2008

Old Friends






We used to live on "Beaver Cleaver" street. It was a culd-e-sac with about 13 houses on it and about 11 of those houses were families with young kids. When we lived there 41/2 years ago there were 30 kids under the age of 9. It was a great street, in the evenings the women would sit out front and talk while the kids played for hours. We all started moving off of the street in 2003 and now there are just a few families left. But, we still have close relationships with the girls from that neighborhood and every year for the last 5 years we have gotten together for a girls lunch at one of our houses. This year Erica Gledhill hosted, most of the girls were able to make it, but we missed those that could not attend. It was great chatting with these women and picking up where we had left off a year ago at our last luncheon.
This year we got together for a family dinner later that night at the park. This is the first year that we have done this and it was a blast! It was so fun seeing how much all of the kids have grown, and the men bonded again over a game of football. Thanks to all of those who planned this, we had a great time, thanks for all of the memories.

6 comments:

Byron said...

So, so fun! I remember how much you guys enjoyed living in that neighborhood, I know Terresa loved it and misses it too. Glad you guys still get together.

The Jones Fam said...

That is so fun that you got together with those friends! You guys all look younger than you did four and a half years ago. How does that work? BTW, I love the blue, shiny shirt one of the girls was wearing. Do you happen to know where she got it? I want it! But I am not coveting, I promise! I miss you guys! I wish life would slow down for a few minutes so we could chat for hours!
-Nat

Alisa Larson said...

That is so cool to have a street like that and even neater that you stayed friends. I want to live on a Beavers Claaver street!

Colette Goodman said...

I don't know who any of those kids are anymore. They have all gotten so old. And I only recongized 2 of the mom's. Julie McKenna and Angela, Sabrina's mom. That's sad. Looks like it was fun. I'm sure your kids had a blast. And I'm glad Connor got to see "far Josh".

Kari said...

what fun times Ang. I can't believe that picture with all the kids! Crazy fun!

discombobulated said...

I don't know how I found your blog Angie. It's so much fun seeing your cute family.

Heather Riding (Jason's wife)

playlist