Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happy 12th Anniversary






OK, I have heard it all when looking at our wedding pictures. No we did not get married in the eighties, yes we look really young, I know we look really different now (aka- old). Yes, that is my real hair, Yes, my dress was in style when I wore it. I know, I know I can see Tyson's hair too and yes it was still red when we got married.
But, none the less it was a glorious day. I don't remember a whole lot, because wedding days are kind of a blur and you are in your own little world, and it was 12 years ago (seriously). But, I do remember kneeling across the alter and marrying the most wonderful man, my very best friend for time and all eternity. I am so grateful for such a wonderful gift from our Heavenly Father that our marriage and family will not end after this life.
We have had a very busy twelve years, here are some high lights,
1. married in 6/96
2. had Connor 7/97 (yep, we are fast!)
3. Tyson started with Metlife (current job) 7/97
4. Tyson graduated ASU 8/99
5. Kelsey born 9/99
6. bought first house 2/00
7.Angie graduated ASU 8/00
8.Porter born 2/01
9. Kelsey fell out of window with 2 skull fractures and survived (major miracle in our family). 7/01
10 Connor starts kindergarten 8/02
11. bought second and current house 8/03
12. Had Macey 4/04
13. Kelsey starts kindergarten 8/05
14. Porter starts kindergarten 8/06
15. Had Gage 1/07
and holding.........................

8 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Awww Happy 12!!! I totally remember your wedding but I can't believe it was 12 years ago! Wow we are getting older, how did that happen?

Brad's Mom said...

You had a beautiful wedding. I remember we just got home from Mexico and I have some great pictures of my "little" kids with killer tans (Emily in a cute little apron) Your family is so, so cute. You and Tyson have so much to be proud of.

Mindy said...

So fun to see your wedding pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Wow! 12 Years! That's impressive and I loved the list of highlights. You've been busy! And both of you look like babies in your wedding pics because you guys were so young - especially you, Angie. But you also looked beautiful and so happy. Congrats and happy anniversary!

Byron said...

That is a riot, I have to comment exactly the same when people see our wedding pictures. You're brave to voluntarily post them! They are awesome. It is amazing how much can happen in 12 years. Ok, so it is a long time, but it sure seems to go by fast and I can remember times like they were yesterday. It is also amazing how much more in love you can be 12 years later, when you thought it just couldn't get any better! Congrats!

Shannon said...

Congrats to you guys...my 12th is coming up in August...you were smart and did it earlier in the summer. I totally remember going to your wedding and thinking it was so beautiful...I think I hired the same person to decorate mine. I love that people ask you if you were married in the 80's that is hilarious!! You guys are a cute couple! Have a fun anniversary!

Susie Jensen said...

Oh I think you guys looked great (and style appropriate back then - hee hee) and you look great now, 12 years later. Congrats on many wonderful years of marriage and on creating such a wonderful family and life together. Enjoy the next many, many years together.

Kari said...

Cant believe its been 12 years! Congrats! Love the 2 of you!

playlist