Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cruisin in the Caribbean Baby!

In October we went on an Eastern Caribbean cruise with all the adults in Tyson's family. We had a BLAST! It was so much fun to be with everyone. We have never done an adult trip with his family and it was long overdue.
Our first stop was Princess Cays, owned by the cruise line. It was very pretty but, very expensive and not much to do. So we got to spend the day laying on the beach talking, it was paradise!

We enjoyed St. Thomas the most, we rented motor scooters and toured the island all on our own. We saw Megan's Bay which is supposed to be one of the top beaches in the world. (we found out later that it had been closed until the day before we went because of a sewage spill, ummm, yep I guess we swam in poo!) It was still pretty, and I have chosen not to think about it and only remember the good times.
On our back to the ship we found an ice cream shop that made milk shakes. They used home made ice cream with fresh cream they got from their dairy. I am not a real big ice cream fan but, it was delicious!!!
In St. Marteen we rented jet skis and played on those for a while. We shopped in all of our ports but we were not impressed with the shopping. Our best prize we found on the trip was the monkey head that you can put your drink in.
The boat was great, our rooms were the best floor plan I have ever seen for a cruise ship (I know I am weird but, I appreciate good floor plans!). We enjoyed sleeping in, resting and relaxing, playing games, and spending time together.
On our second formal night my sister-in-law and I ended up wearing the same dress! (ya, we planned it!)
One night my father-in-law started asking each of us what we would do for money. He asked Ryan if he would lick the banister from top to bottom then back up to the top for $100. Ryan agreed and did it!!!! So, disgusting but really hilarious, kind of made you gag and laugh at the same time. (good times!)
Ryan used the money to buy us all virgin daiquiris, yum.
We had a wonderful time in paradise!

7 comments:

Brad's Mom said...

Oh how gross!! I hope they put a shot of purell in his before he drank it. It looks like you had a great time and cruzin is the BEST!!!

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

What memories we share! Thanks for posting this. I have got to share Joe's nerd picture so someone can post it. Dad is going to be embarrassed about the challenge. Never give Ryan a challenge, he'll do it!! Dad's still worried Ryan's going to get sick. We won't mention the other challenge! It was so great to all share good times together. Still can't believe that Tyson and Tiffany were so brave to be in the talent show. I'll be forever grateful that Bree came with us too.

Marie said...

What a fun trip. I'm aching to go on a cruise. Glad you had a good time!

Alisa Larson said...

Oh good, I'm glad you posted ... now I can steal your pics for my blog! thanks for doing all the work for me!

Scott+Tiffany said...

Ang! I for sure miss hanging out every day. We'll have to get together and play "blog" sometime. It's kinda becoming a problem because I thinkk "should I do homework or blog. You are Tyson are total beach babes and I'm so glad someone caught a picture of Ryan licking the banister. That was hilarious

Webb Family said...

What a fun trip!
Love the cruises!!!

Byron said...

Once again, so jealous!!! Glad you guys had fun!

playlist