Monday, June 15, 2009

Fun In The Florida Sun

For the last few years Tyson has earned a trip with the company that he works for, we usually spend it as our time to get away alone but this year we decided it would be fun to bring the older kids. So in April we headed to Florida with Grandpa and Grandma Cook. We had such a wonderful time. We took a red eye flight to Miami and the kids did GREAT! They all slept except for Porter and Tyson. When we arrived at our hotel we were blown away with how nice it was. We lucked out and our awesome travel agent pulled some strings and got us a one bedroom two bath suite with a beautiful view. So the kids were able to sleep in the large living room area and we slept in the bedroom. I actually got SLEEP! As soon as we got there we headed out to the beach. I am a beach bum! There are few places I love more than the beach, I can lay in a chair and watch my kids play in the water all day and never get bored BUT, my husband is not that patient. So, we stayed out at the beach about an hour or so and then headed back to the pool area where there was a fun slide. Tyson went down the slide and hit his elbow so hard it cracked it open and I sware I could see bone. It was disgusting, he was a stinker and would not go to the hospital to get it stitched up so we went to Walgreens and bought some first aide stuff and glued it shut. (I don't recommend this to anyone, its been two months now and it is still bugging him, silly boy!)
Luckily that was the only big incident that we had all week. We played at the beach, swam in the pools, ate lots of food, had yummy ice cream, and hung out together. One night Metlife hired Chicago to come and sing for us! It was AWESOME!!! we had such a great time, they were probably my favorite group growing up so that was really fun, we took the kids and made them dance, they had a good time. One afternoon we took the older three on a catamaran and they got to go snorkeling. Our captian was awesome he let each of our older three kids drive the boat on the way back. Macey went with Grandma and Grandpa Cook on a duck bus ride, then at the end went in the ocean. Macey had a good time, Grandma and Grandpa said it wasn't the most fun they have had. The last day we were there we went on an air boat ride and saw alligators. This was my favorite thing we did. After the airboat ride they had an alligator show and the guy let Tyson come in with the alligators and he got to sit on its back. It was really fun! We were really excited to come home and see our little Gage, he had a great time with all the family and friends that helped watch him while we were gone. Thank you to all of you.

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

Thanks for posting about Florida. We had a great time with all of you. Ohhhh for the memories!

Amy said...

Wow! What a fun trip! I love the beach too and will pick that probably over anything else. I'm impressed at Tyson's alligator wrestling.

Shannon said...

That looks like such a fun trip. I am with you, I can spend all day at the beach because my kids are so good there. I have only been to Florida once and it was only to get onto a giant ship. It looks beautiful!

playlist