Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sawyer - Lost


So I was going through old pictures tonight because Tyson is out of town and is soon to be coming home! (yea). I found this one and thought it was worthy of posting. Two years ago Tyson and I went to Hawaii and we spent three days on Oahu. We decided we wanted to see if we could find where Lost was filmed. We talked to our concierge at our hotel and luckily she was a HUGE fan and knew exactly where it was being filmed. She gave us a map to the beach and circled where we needed to go. We pulled up and got out of our car and looked around and saw nothing what so ever that looked like Lost, (there were buildings and stuff). We asked these two men that were standing next to a white van if they knew where Lost was filmed . They pointed to a roped off square and told us that was Sun's garden and that they were guards for the show. They told us if we walked along the beach that we could see where they filmed the beach scenes. Later they came to find us and told us that they were still there filming and if we hurried we could probably watch from a distance. So we walked for awhile and we could see them off in the distance filming a scene, we sat down about a 100 yards away and watched. Shortly after we sat down someone started walking towards us, we thought for sure they were going to tell us to go away. But, he came over and told us that we were in the shot and we didn't look like we had been stranded on an Island. They then invited us to come and watch the scene be filmed. We jumped at the chance and watched for about 30 minutes while they finished the scene. After they were done we had a chance to meet Josh Hollaway that plays Sawyer, we saw Jinn and Bernard also. It was an awesome day.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Ah, Sawyer!

Trina said...

Ummm, that is so awesome! And what the heck you are a world travelor or something. Lucky girl. Anyways this is Trina from the ward. I saw your blog on the Saunders. And I have to say I am just a little bit jelous you got to watch Lost be filmed. Oh man. Sorry to write an essay for a comment. See ya later!

dustin and amy said...

Sooo, I have never watched Lost, everyone tells me I'm crazy and it's the best show ever. My sister and brother-in-law would have loved to watch Lost be filmed. Maybe i'll have to borrow the episodes on DVD from them and see what the hype is all about. Thanks for the comments about my music, I kinda like it too, sometimes I'll just turn it on to listen while I'm doing laundry.

{jennifer} said...

How cool is that, seriously! I love to hate Lost! I HAVE to watch it but at the same time it frustrates me so much that I have no idea what is going on! Dumb show, but still so very cool at the same time!

elise said...

holy crap! he's my favorite ever...(drooling a little). that's an amazing story.

Tom & Lindsey said...

We spend ten days with you in Hawaii and the only thing you can post about is meeting some silly actor from some silly TV show? We are so hurt! Ha! Ha!

playlist