Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night....or maybe not

We had the flu for the few days before Christmas, it went through all 7 of us!!! I got it Christmas Eve night. I wasn't sick at all during Christmas Eve until about 7:00 that night. So as you may have guessed I had a very restless night. I was up so long in the night that I even got to see Santa drop off the presents to our kids. whew, what a long night. But, with lots of prayers I was feeling much better by 7:45 when my older kids woke up, Gage was already up, he missed me too much to sleep in too long. All of our kids had a great Christmas, my parents were out of town visiting my sister in Iowa and my brother in Michigan so we didn't have any obligations till 2:30. It was a great relaxing Christmas!
Every present Gage got that morning was some kind of cars, race cars, matchbox cars, cars from the Disney movie etc. And every time he opened a present he would get so excited to see more cars. This was about the fifth present he opened and each one before that was cars.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a better nights sleep!!

6 comments:

Byron said...

Bummer! I remember the year Byron and I lived with Grandpa we got soooo sick with the stomach flu. It was the worst! We just rolled around on the floor of the living room all day, my parents fortunately took the kids next door. Hope you are all done for the season. Kids looked like they had a ball!

Amy said...

I was going to type "bummer!" till I read Michelle's comment. Hmmm. I guess we're related. Too bad you guys all were sick. It seems like everyone has been sick. Your xmas festivities look so fun and busy. I was sad to not all get together this year, but it's getting crazier every year.

Webb Family said...

Sorry you all were sick no fun!
I spent New Years in bed.
Your new family photo is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hey are you related to the other Cook's with the boys Caleb and Gunner and the little girl Bree? My friend Ale and I took the boys and my friends kids to the Down Syndrome Network christmas party. My friend oldest boy has DS so I went and helped watch the kids at the party. My friend is friends with them. Anyhoo that's all.

The Eric and Jaime Evans Gang said...

ANGIE....didn't know you have a blog! So stinkin' cute...will be fun to keep in touch this way....I found your name on one of my friend's friends blogs...small world...I thought...this couldn't be Angie and Tyson...but it WAS! Love ya, Jaime

marcee said...

Hi Angie!!! It's been way too long and I think of you often, wondering how you guys are doing.

So sad about being sick at Christmas- why does that happen? But I have to say that you look way too pretty for having been sick and without sleep!

playlist