skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Rocky Point









We took our kids away for spring break to Rocky Point. What a wonderful place to retreat to. It is only 4 hours away and has beautiful beaches where the water is actually warm. The kids played non stop in the water, looking for shells, making sand people, burying each other (Tyson paid each kid a dollar for helping to bury Zac and Porter according to his specifications, when the kids got their dollar they each gave it to two Mexican children that were nearby~so sweet!). We rented a house in Cholla Bay and it was beautiful. We were fortunate enough to share it with the Buhrley family in our ward (you all remember the bikini cake, yep same guy!). We have kids the same ages and it was a delight to share the weekend with them. The house was so spacious that we never felt crowded even with 13 people staying there. We loved spending most of our time on Sandy Beach, what a relaxing way to spend spring break. My highlights were watching Tyson struggle with his beach chair all day (his chair had a mind of its own, every time he would move it would "klink"up and he would be almost bent over forward or it would undo all together and he would fall completely flat~so funny!), watching the kids play in the water and sand, having Gage very well entertained by giving him a bucket and a shovel, (he would play in the sand until he would see a beach chair evacuated and then he would move like mad to get in it. One time Tyson was gone for a good 45 min out of his chair and Gage sat in it the whole time. Pretty good for a 14 month old!), the best part though is all the Mexican vendors that walk up and down the beach selling things, we benefited from the mango man, the ice cream man, two jewelry men, the burrito lady, the dress men, the sling shot guys, and the ukulele kid~ohhh and how could I forget the hair braiding ladies! What a fabulous trip, Thanks Buhrley's for being our tour guides we had a GREAT time!!!
8 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I can't believe it is only 4 hours away! We should have taken advantage of that more often! Do you remember when we went at a family w/ Ridings and Joneses and everyone got stung by jellyfish? Good times...
-Nat
I love Rocky Point! We went last year and love every minute! We are going again this May with just adults, it will be fun but I'll miss seeing my kiddos have a blast! I love the pictures, sooo cute!
Sounds like a great trip! i'm glad you had fun! Cant wait to hear more about it!
Look at you beautiful sunbathing beauty, ang!! It looks like a blast, I'm glad you guys had a great time. We'll probably be swimming in snow still next week for our spring break...joyous!! Save us a spot on the beach in a few years ok?
What a fun trip! I'm glad it went well....maybe we'll venture over with our kids now that I know you were safe! :-)
Looks like so much fun! I LOVE the beach and I must say it's been way too long since I've been. You look like a babe, by the way, Ang.
What I fun Spring Break!! It looks like it is beautiful there! We are happy to hear you guys were able to help keep the Mexican economy alive.
hey you! cute blog i love to see that you guys are the same fun fam! well i hope to keep in touch through these awesome blogs!!!
Post a Comment