Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Infamous Birthday Party!

Kelsey is 9!!! Wow, wow, wow! Her birthday is today but we had her friends party on Friday the 19th. She decided that she wanted a "sock hop", with poodle skirts and everything.
I was crazy enough to volunteer to make poodle skirts for all the girls that came. They turned out GREAT, so it was well worth it.
They had a dance contest, and just danced on their own.
Played 50's games, beat a pinata, watched two movies and ate a lot of junk! The girls went to sleep at midnight and slept until 7:00, I considered myself very lucky!
Today on her birthday, she chose to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and then we opened presents. She got, the "Camp Rock" soundtrack, a Hannah Montana hat,
an alarm clock (which she was soooo excited about), a t-shirt and a motor scooter that she has wanted desperately for almost a year! She is one happy girl today.

7 comments:

Scott+Tiffany said...

Angie those skirts are adorable! You are so talented. Happy birthday kelsey!

Colette Goodman said...

I'm glad the party went great. It has been planned since Feb. I still can't believe she is 9. Happy Birthday Kelsey!!

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

Happy birthday Kelsey. What a great party!

Alisa Larson said...

What a nice mom....poodle skirts for all.....that's dedication! Happy Birthday Kels!

The Jones Fam said...

I have never seen so many poodles! You are one busy lady! Where do you get all your energy? Looks like a great day. The talent show looks pretty great too! Can I borrow that outfit?
-Nat

Jenna said...

wow! I can't wait to spoil my kiddos! You are such a cute mom what an adorable party idea. Great job on the cute poodle skirts!

Amy said...

Wow! What a fun birthday party. You did a dang good job on the skirts. Happy bday to her!

playlist