



WHOOO HOOO! Pinewood derby is one of the funnest events in scouts! It could be that I don't have to do that much with it, it is all Connor and Tyson, YEA! It is so much fun seeing all the different cars that are put together. I love seeing how excited and proud these cub scouts are about their "fast cars!" It is always a little nerve racking when your child is competing in something, but you don't expect the little sisters to be worried too. Kelsey was almost hyperventilating every time it was Connor's turn to race. Thanks for all your support Kelsey!
Connor has a really good friend that has been coming to scouts with him for a few months, so Tyson had the opportunity to help make 2 cars this year. I think Ryan really enjoyed being part of the Pinewood derby, this was his very first one. Ryan's car took the award for fastest car in his pack. Connor's car ended up beating Ryan's after the races had ended, when all the dads went back in to race the cars against each other to see which of their sons was the fastest! In the set up of the rotation some of the cars never got to race against each other. So, the dads were curious to see which ones were faster. Connor smoked them all! It was hilarious to see these dads racing the cars just to see how fast they were. I am pretty sure men never truly grow up, "once a scout always a scout!!!"
Way to go Connor and Ryan we are so proud of you!




17 comments:
Pinewood derby is so fun...ours is coming up in March! Looks like your son and husband know how to build one speedy car!
Way to go speedy Cooks. I just love the Pinewood derby, but I love it more when it's over and no more stressing to get that car done and weighed in.
Brock had Pinewood derby today also. It is so fun to see their faces when they win isn't it? I agree, it's the funnest activity in scouts.
Good job Connor! I'm amazed he does so good every year! That's awesome! And it's funny - though not surprising - that the dads have just as much fun.
Way to go Connor! We're proud of you buddy!
Yeah for Connot! Koby saw your pictures and is so excited to get to be a scout!
oops! Sorry Connor. I must have been typing to fast! See, I'm speedy too! (:
We've got the derby coming up in a few weeks. Any tips from Tyson and Connor? I agree Angie, it's all hands off for me! Hard to believe we have boys old enough for scouts! Way to go Connor, hope we find similar results.
Congrats Connor! I'm so proud of you. I like that Ryan kid. He is really nice.
Hey, I just found out Joe's nephew Jordan got fastest car in Connor and his pack. Joe says we better have a boy someday becasue they'll for sure be Pinewood Derby Pro's with all this racing blood in our families! Good job to Connor and Jordan!
They all did so good. Thanks for taking pictures for us of the event. Tom was one of the dads at the end doing the racing of the fastest cars, along with Danny. Saw them later at the basketball game, of course they made the excuse that whoever was in the middle lane always won because it was the fastest lane. Boys!!!!
i love pinewood derby's! i was so bummed they never did them in young womens. it has got to count for one of those values...
so cool, angie!
what a great memory! glad connor had a good experience with his first pwd!
cute story and cute family. man- can't believe you have a scout! :)
That is great his car went so fast you'll have to tell us your secret. Bradens car wasn't so fast.
Go Connor and Tyson! COOK POWER!! (am I allowed to have pride in Cook power even though I am not a Cook?) Those cars look so professional!
It was fun to talk to you the other day! Tell Macey I am more fun than Dora, k?
-Nat
thanks mom and dad for helping me in every thing expesshaly a B. i hope it stays that way. from connor
That is so true about men never really growing up! We had ours on Saturday too & sometimes I think the dads might be a little bit more excited then the boys-HA! That is so sweet that Kelsey was so nervous for her brother.
Post a Comment